Our office is working to provide you with the latest information and resources on the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our community. To speak to someone over the phone, my Capitol and District Offices are ready to help you:
Capitol: (916) 319-2070
Long Beach: (562) 429-0470
- For the state's COVID-19 website visit here.
- California EDD
- State, Federal and Local Taxes
- Health Care
- County and City Resources
- Small Businesses
- Mortgages and foreclosures: Most major banks have agreed to allow residential property owners impacted by the crisis to miss mortgage payments for 90 days. Contact your bank to make sure it is providing this assistance before you stop making payments.
- Student loans: Through the CARES Act, students can stop paying student loans through September 30. No interest will accrue until this date and no garnishments will be issued to pay for student loans. Also, pausing student loan payments will not negatively impact student loan forgiveness.
- Federal lenders are letting borrowers suspend their student loans and loan payments without penalty for the next 60 days.