Now Accepting Nominations for the 2018 Women of Distinction Ceremony
"It is an honor to celebrate the great women of AD 70 each year.
As a parent and a teacher, I value the contributions of the women in our lives who serve as community leaders, volunteers, business owners, and heads of families."
-Patrick O'Donnell, Assemblymember, 70th District
2018 Woman of the Year:
2018 Women of Distinction:
Lena Albrite Ragusa
The 70th Assembly District includes the communities of Long Beach, San Pedro, Signal Hill, and Catalina Island.
Categories include: Creative Industries, Business, Community Service, Education, and Health Services
I hope you will take a few moments to nominate an outstanding woman. The nomination deadline is February 22, 2018 and can be submitted on my website, via post mail, email, fax, or dropped-off to my District Office.
For more information on how to nominate or to RSVP, please feel free to call my District Office at (562) 429-0470.
- Nominees must be females who live or work in the 70th District (Long Beach, Signal Hill, San Pedro, and Catalina Island) To confirm the candidate lives or works in the district, visit http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/.
- Nominees must be nominated for a specific category (see below)
- Creative Industries - Individuals involved in creative fields, such as performing artists, visual artists, or design artists. Persons in management/administrative roles (i.e. galleries, museums, cultural programs, journalism, etc.) are also included.
- Business - Individuals who own or contribute to businesses that have achieved success. Individuals may also be considered for demonstrating a remarkable passion and/or for contributing to the advancement of their trade.
- Community Service - Individuals who work and/or volunteer for non-profit organizations that have gone above and beyond to make their community a better place to live and work.
- Education - Individuals involved in developing and/or implementing educational programs at any level (i.e. teachers/instructors, faculty, staff, etc.).
- Health Services - Individuals dedicated to the enhancement of human health. Health services encompass disease prevention, health education/promotion and the provision of health care.
- Public Safety – Individuals in public safety occupations who are leaders in promoting peace, protection, and respect for all people.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can nominate?
- Anyone! Elected officials, community and business leaders, educators, friends….anyone!
How many people can I nominate?
- We know there are a lot of amazing, inspirational women in our district, so please nominate as many as you want.
When will honorees be contacted?
- Nominees will be reviewed and contacted by March 1.
Nomination Deadline: February 22, 2018