Here’s a chance to fight COVID-19 and serve the community
The City of Long Beach is partnering with food providers and restaurants for the Great Plates Delivered Program. Thanks to funding from state and federal agencies, meals will be delivered to seniors’ homes, supporting our seniors and local businesses.
- Participating restaurants will receive up to $66 per day for breakfast, lunch and dinner for each recipient.
- The program will provide up to three free meals delivered daily to qualified adults over 65 and those between the ages of 60-64 who are at a high risk of catching COVID-19.
- The city has released a request for proposals (RFP) and is searching for more local partners.
- The RFP period closes at 11:00 a.m. this Thursday, May 21st.
- If you are interested in applying or have questions, visit the City of Long Beach’s Financial Management Purchasing Division website or send an email here.
- You can also visit the state COVID-19 website, for more information.
For this program to succeed, our city needs your help. I encourage all restaurants and food providers to participate as a way to give back to your community and help those in need.