As your State Assemblymember, I would like to share with you recent actions taken by the Legislature and the Governor to support small businesses affected by the economic impacts of COVID-19.
Small Business Assistance Grants
- The Legislature passed SB 87, which increases funding to the California COVID-19 Small Business Grant Relief Program, by $2 billion.
- The Program allows businesses and non-profits to apply for up to $25,000 in relief funds.
- Visit their website for more information on the program and when to apply for the next round of available funding.
License Fee Waivers
- The Legislature also passed SB 94, which authorizes the state Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to waive two years of fees ranging from $455 to $1,235 for certain restaurants and bars.
- For information about which license types are eligible for the renewal fee waiver, visit the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control website.
- The bill also provides fee relief for barbering and cosmetology individuals and businesses licensed through the Department of Consumer Affairs.
For information about fee relief, download this attachment from the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.
Together, these targeted actions will help our state recover from the economic impacts of the pandemic induced recession. I hope you find this information helpful. I will continue to share new relief measures as they develop.