Long Beach Unified School District
Long Beach Unified will be starting classes online virtually for the 2020-2021 academic school year.
For the latest developments and where to get school meals during closures visit their website here.
Los Angeles Unified School District
L:os Angeles Unified will start the new school year online only. Instruction will resume on August 18 in Los Angeles Unified and will continue planning for a return to in-person learning during the 2020-21 academic year, as soon as public health conditions allow.
LAUSD, in partnership with the Red Cross, will continue to provide nutritious meals to all students who need them during the temporary closure of schools. Our Grab & Go Food Centers are staffed weekdays from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Each child can take home two nutritious meals.
Grab & Go Food Centers are open this summer, Monday through Friday from 8-11 a.m. through August 14th.
As of Monday, June 22, 2020, the Grab & Go Food Center that is currently located at Verdugo Hills High School will move to Mount Gleason Middle School, located at 10965 Mount Gleason Ave., Sun Valley 91040.
For information on where to get school meals in the Los Angeles Unified School District visit their website here.
For resources from the California Department of Education visit their website here.
- Schools are closed for the remainder of the academic year
- Governor issued an Executive Order ensuring schools will continue to receive funding
- Schools are expected to provide distance learning and offer meals
- State has released funds for school districts to purchase protective gears, cleaning supplies, or use for distance learning or meals
- Long Beach Unified received $1.2 million
- Los Angeles Unified received $7.2 million
- UC and CSU will accept pass/fail or credit/no credit for high school courses taken during the winter and spring semesters
- UC and CSU will not rescind an admissions offer just because a student is unable to send a transcript by the deadline
- The UC and CSU will not require SAT or ACT for juniors who will be applying for college this fall.
- The College Board will offer AP exams online