Resources for Seniors
Meals, Support Lines, DMV Relief and COVID-19 Testing Are Available
Here is the latest information on state, county, city and nonprofit resources available to seniors. Please feel free to share with family, friends and neighbors.
MEALS & RESOURCES DELIVERY
- LA County launched Critical Delivery Services to deliver food and other vital items. Deliveries can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for individuals age 60 and older. Call 1-888-863-7411 to request delivery. View more information.
- Avalon residents can access Senior Meals, call:
- 1-310-510-0220 x 103 to place orders
- 1-310-510-0220 x 230 for general information
- The Long Beach Health Department's Older Adult Resource Line provides resources for essential items. Seniors can call 562-570-INFO and select option 5, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Long Beach Senior Center serves as a meal site, call 562-570-3500.
- For food pantry and delivery services from the Salvation Army, call 562-247-3528.
- To connect with Meals on Wheels in Long Beach visit their website or call 1-562-439-5000 and select option 0.
- To connect with services in Signal Hill, visit the City of Signal Hill website or call 562-989-7330.
- The San Pedro Service Center serves as a meal site, call 310-519-6091.
- The City of Los Angeles, Department of Aging provides meal deliveries for San Pedro residents, call 213-482-7252.
- The Toberman Neighborhood Center has a food pantry and grab and go meals available, visit their website or call 310- 832-1145.
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
Seniors can connect with live individuals for emotional and social support here:
- Call 1-800-854-7771 or text "LA" to 741741.
- For the Department of Mental Health Older Adult Access Center call 213-351-7284 or visit their website.
- San Pedro residents can call the Institute of Aging's Friendship line at 1-800-971-0016.
- Call 1-562-570-4636, Press 5.
- Interested volunteers can call 562-261-9711 to join the Heart of Ida to care for older adults who may be experiencing loneliness.
- LA County is providing limited access to free COVID-19 testing for residents.
- Seniors over 65, individuals who have symptoms and underlying health conditions will be given priority. For more information and list of locations, visit this City of Los Angeles website.
ADDITIONAL STATE SUPPORT
- The COVID-19 statewide hotline provides assistance on how to access local services 7 days a week from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 1-833-544-2374.
- The California Department of Aging has compiled a list of statewide and county resources including help available for seniors with Alzheimer's disease and those with disabilities.