On Sunday, March 15 the governor ordered all California residents age 65 and older to isolate themselves at home. This link allows you to enter your zip or city and provides list of senior centers, service partners and senior services. https://www.aging.ca.gov/Programs_and_Services/Food_and_Nutrition/
LA Regional Food Bank – To search for a food pantry near you
Through June 30, 2020, the City of Signal Hill is now delivering groceries on a weekly basis to senior citizens who are 55 years of age and older. Seniors must reside in Signal Hill and meet the program’s income criteria.
Please complete the application (PDF) and attach related documents. Applicants must provide current copies of the following information with their application:
- Proof of Signal Hill residency (Current Utility Bill)
- Income certification
- Extremely low and low income Signal Hill residents ages 55+ are eligible for the program, others will be considered as funding is available.
- Participants must be home during delivery times of 11am-1pm on Thursdays. Groceries will be left on porch to avoid any between staff and participants.
- Please call Community Services during regular business hours at 562-989-7330 or visit their website here.
The Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services has established a special resource line for older adults and persons at higher risk of illness who are self-quarantining at home and in need of resources.
If you are in need of support or are calling on behalf of a loved one who is self-quarantining at home, please call 562-570-INFO and select option 5, M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If no one answers, please leave a message and someone will get back to you. One of the City’s social workers, health educators, or librarians, can help you find resources for food delivery, home supplies, prescription delivery services, utility restoration, mental health resources, or connect you to friendly caller programs so you can combat social isolation.
Long Beach Senior Center will remain open and serve senior lunches at these sites:
- Cesar Chavez Park (401 Golden Ave) Noon-2pm
- El Dorado Park West (2800 N Studebaker Rd) 11am-1pm
- Expo Center (4321 Atlantic Ave) Noon - 2pm
- Long Beach Senior Center (1150 E. 4th St) 8am-1pm
- McBride Park (1500 MLK Jr AVE) 11am-1pm
- Ramona Park (3301 E 65th St) 11am-1pm
- Silverado Park (1545 W 31st St) Noon - 2pm
- For more information call: (562) 570-3150