Women of Distinction Nomination Form
Every year, my office identifies exceptional women from our district for my annual "Women of Distinction 70th Assembly District" recognition ceremony. The ceremony coincides with Women's History Month in March.
We are now accepting nominations for community focused and civically engaged women in the district.
For this award, I invite you to nominate a woman who lives or works in the 70th Assembly District and who has made a significant contribution in our community. The 70th Assembly District includes Long Beach, San Pedro, Signal Hill, and Catalina Island. Categories include: Arts, Business, Community Service, Education, Health Services, Service Industries, and Public Safety.
The nomination deadline is February 21, 2020 and can be submitted by visiting this link or filling the form below.
Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to receiving your nominations! If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Hina Ahmad at (562) 429-0470 or Hina.Ahmad@asm.ca.gov.
- Live or work in the 70th District (Long Beach, Signal Hill, San Pedro and Catalina Island)
- Be nominated for a specific category (see below)
- Arts - Individuals involved in creative fields, such as performing artists, visual artists, or design artists. Persons in management/administrative roles (i.e. galleries, museums, cultural programs, journalism, etc.) are also included.
- Business - Individuals who own or contribute to businesses that have achieved success. Individuals may also be considered for demonstrating a remarkable passion and/or for contributing to the advancement of their trade.
- Community Service - Individuals who work and/or volunteer for non-profit organizations that have gone above and beyond to make their community a better place to live and work.
- Education - Individuals involved in developing and/or implementing educational programs at any level (i.e. teachers/instructors, faculty, staff, etc.).
- Health Services - Individuals dedicated to the enhancement of human health. Health services encompass disease prevention, health education/promotion and the provision of health care.
- Public Safety – Individuals in public safety occupations who are leaders in promoting peace, protection, and respect for all people.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Who can nominate?
- Anyone! Elected officials, community and business leaders, educators, friends...anyone!
How many people can I nominate?
- We know there are a lot of amazing, inspirational women in our district, so please nominate as many as you would like.
When will honorees be contacted?
- Nominees will be reviewed and contacted by February 28th.