Women of DIstinction Nomination Form
Nomination deadline is March 8th, 2019.
- Be a female who lives or works in the 70th District (Long Beach, Signal Hill, San Pedro and Catalina Island)
- Be nominated for a specific category (see below)
- Creative Industries - Individuals involved in creative fields, such as performing artists, visual artists, or design artists. Persons in management/administrative roles (i.e. galleries, museums, cultural programs, journalism, etc.) are also included.
- Business - Individuals who own or contribute to businesses that have achieved success. Individuals may also be considered for demonstrating a remarkable passion and/or for contributing to the advancement of their trade.
- Community Service - Individuals who work and/or volunteer for non-profit organizations that have gone above and beyond to make their community a better place to live and work.
- Education - Individuals involved in developing and/or implementing educational programs at any level (i.e. teachers/instructors, faculty, staff, etc.).
- Health Services - Individuals dedicated to the enhancement of human health. Health services encompass disease prevention, health education/promotion and the provision of health care.
- Public Safety – Individuals in public safety occupations who are leaders in promoting peace, protection, and respect for all people.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Who can nominate?
- Anyone! Elected officials, community and business leaders, educators, friends...anyone!
How many people can I nominate?
- We know there are a lot of amazing, inspirational women in our district, so please nominate as many as you want.
When will honorees be contacted?
- Nominees will be reviewed and contacted by March 15th.